Saturday 11 January 2014

The Building Society wanted to assess my Christmas

This week, I went to a building society to open a new savings account.  I was served by a very obviously NT woman, who was very charming and did a lot of small talk when she sat down with me: "How are you?", "How was your New Year?", etc.  

As part of her procedure, she read out, in a sing-song voice, a lot of terms and conditions, the end of which finished with: 

"...and now I'm going to ask you some questions to check whether you are eligible for this type of account with us."  

She paused for a fraction of a second, turned towards her computer, and then said in her normal voice:  

"So, how was your Christmas?"

I was slightly stunned.  I replied:  "Fine thanks.  But are you trying to tell me that if my Christmas was sub-standard that you would refuse to open my account?"

No comments:

Post a Comment