Saturday 4 January 2014

Hello, are you training?

After moving into my new house, I organised to get a new boiler under a grant scheme.  This was fairly complicated, and involved a surveyor coming to my house to ask lots of questions.  I arrange a time for the surveyor to call, and I make sure that I'm available.  

Whilst waiting for him to arrive, I'm bouncing on my trampoline, which is highly visible, as it's in my front garden.  I'd intended for it to go in the back garden, but it's very big and there wasn't enough room, and the front garden is the flattest area, which is very important for trampolining, as ideally, trampolines shouldn't have an uphill and downhill dimension.  So, there it had to be.

I'm bouncing quite high and putting in mostly seat drops, front drops and back drops and possibly the odd bounce roll.  I'm not the world's best trampolinist, but it's a lot of fun and very relaxing, and it's lovely to be out in the fresh air.

A man in a business suit parks his car and walks up the steps in my garden.  He says:

"Hello, are you training?"

and I say:  "No, I'm playing!"

I think "gosh, adults sure do have a way of taking the fun out of everything" and I laugh to myself thinking - my goodness, I'm certainly not training for the Garden Trampoline Olympics!

No comments:

Post a Comment